Celebrities with Sleep Apnea

By Tracy Latest Activity September 2, 2010 at 10:49 am Views 6,297 Replies 2 Likes 1

Tracy

Some celebrities have announced their sleep apnea and cpap use, like Regis Philbin and Rosie O’Donnell.

Some historical figures are rumored to have been apnea sufferers such as Napoleon Bonaparte, Johannes Brahms, Winston Churchill, Grover Cleveland, Henry VIII, Franklin Roosevelt, Teddy Roosevelt and Queen Victoria. Was it because they were known to be loud snorers and sleepy people? Was it because of their obesity or heart conditions? Hmmmmm, I wonder!

We know certain celebrities deaths were attributed to sleep apnea: John Candy the comedian, Reggie White, NFL hall of fame football player and Jerry Garcia the Grateful Dead guitarist. All young lives cut short!

Also rumored to have sleep apnea are/were actors William Shatner and George Kennedy and famous author Ann Rice.

I would bet that many of our NFL players use cpap! I wish some of them would take a role as “spokesmen” to help with awareness….wouldn't it be great to see a Super Bowl TV commercial with a bunch of big ole football player declaring…REAL MEN USE CPAP!

Have you heard of celebrities who have announced their sleep apnea and cpap treatment?

Or

Which celebrities or historical figures might you suspect have/had sleep apnea?

This should be a fun thread! Looking forward to your thoughts!
Tracy

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (2 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar