Sleep Apnea vs No Insurance

By Hollywood0613 Latest Activity November 21, 2015 at 2:19 am Views 2,269 Replies 8

Hollywood0613

Hello everyone. Thanks for stopping by my discussion for the day. I am new here so I hope that this isn't a huge repeat of a topic.
I have sleep apnea. My wife is a nurse and continues to tell me for the last 5 years, that I stop breathing at night numerous times. Some nights not so bad other nights it scares her so bad that she wakes me up. The problem…
We don't have insurance. It's not something we can afford right now. We don't have cable, we don't pay for expensive cell phones, and we don't live above our norms before anyone wants to say that we can afford it. If we could, we would. We have 2 beautiful daughters that require at this time our love, dedication, time, and any extra money we have.
With that being said… I live in South Florida. Are there any programs anywhere that help with this, or pay for the costs of such testing and the needed equipment? All advice will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (8 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • RonSchuster99
    RonSchuster99 May 19 at 7:14 pm   

I had 2 sleep studies at different times, and got 2 cpap's. Had insurance then. Now I no longer have insurance, but still have sleep apnea (forever), and want to buy another cpap, without the need for another sleep study and without the need for another prescription from a doctor.

• bozosleftnut@yahoo.com
    bozosleftnut@yahoo.com December 23, 2015 at 10:08 am   
    Edited December 23, 2015 at 10:10 am by bozosleftnut@yahoo.com

Start searching on Craigslist as I think this is the only option.. The FDA communists require a prescription to buy the machine. I am like you and cant afford the $200 consultation, a sleep study, reviews and a doctors note , etc just to get a $400 machine. All these costs would simply be applied towards my $3500 yearly deductible.. Anyway, no online places will sell to you either as I looked online for hours trying to find a place in Europe or China to sell directly. I'll check back and good luck but I found mine on Craigslist used for $150 and had to but the rest off of ebay.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar