Insurance Crap

By mrssnorer Latest Activity October 7, 2012 at 10:05 am Views 1,042 Replies 1

mrssnorer

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea last year and I am also a 12 yr cancer survivor. Just applied for new health insurance and was turned down due to sleep apnea, not my past cancer. I think this is horrible that I will never be able to get decent insurance due to sleep apnea, although all these people with durable medical get all their supplies at a great or no cost. So I am stuck with Blue Cross for ever with high premiums and lots of out of pocket. Such an injustice.
i work for myself, so no group plans for me. VERY FRUSTRATED when I know so many people who get so many unneeded supplies through their insurance.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (1 reply)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • mayangel
    mayangel October 31, 2012 at 9:10 am   

I am in the same boat, self employed, cancer 7 years ago, and apnea. My BCBS doesn't pay for supplies either. I have been using the same supplies that I got 3 years ago. I don't know what to do. There has to be some way to get what we need without paying a fortune. I would love to see a system where people could give their extra unused supplies to people who cannot afford them or are un our under insured. Best to you, hope this gets eaiser in the future for us.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar