Fear of Sleeping, Anxiety, Depression.

By Avrahom Latest Activity September 9, 2011 at 9:03 am Views 1,878 Replies 3 Likes 2

Avrahom

I have suffered sleep disorders on and off for several years. But they always tapered off without a concern. On May 18th, 2011, I had difficultiy falling asleep and then developed a fear of sleeping and becoming unconscious and losing control. Also, I can hear myself snoring when about to sleep, which awakens me. Hearing my own snoring commenced on May 18th, 2011 as well.
I have sought out medical, sleep study and Psychologial fields with little help. The fear of my sleeping/not sleeping has increased dramatically and is interferring with my daily life cycle.
I am currently taking anti-anxiety and anti depressant medications to combat this situation, but also with little success. I am afraid to take sleeping pills even though they have helped.
Can anyone help me as this is a living Hell.
Avrohom

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (3 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Tracy
    Tracy September 12, 2011 at 10:52 am   

You can hear yourself snoring? did you have an overnight sleep study and rule out sleep apnea?

• redcamel
    redcamel September 11, 2011 at 12:19 pm   

Avro Lose the pills and get the sleep study and follow what the doc says. Sleeping fixes most of the problems you described. The pills just make things worse. Sorry to be so direct but maybe it will help.

• samjs
    samjs October 13, 2011 at 12:11 pm   

I know just what you mean. I cant sleep for a multitude of psychological reasons, i.e. concerns about the past, worries about the future, etc. .
    Sometimes self hypnosis and or meditation is useful and puts me to sleep in a pleasant and surprising way. Have you had any experience with these techniques??

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar