ResMed Quattro vs Quattro FX

By Tracy Latest Activity April 25, 2011 at 12:11 pm Views 3,150 Replies 12 Likes 4

Tracy

Any Quattro users here who have upgraded to the new Quattro FX?
There are vast differences and curious to know which one you liked best!

Also - did you have to size UP? For instance, I am hearing a lot of patients tell me that they wore size med Quattro but required size large in the new FX version.

Would love to hear your feedback!
thanks for sharing…it will be helpful to other patients!
tracy

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (12 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • lucynethel
    lucynethel April 29, 2011 at 10:30 am   
    Edited May 1, 2011 at 2:51 pm by lucynethel

I wear a Medium in the Quattro but a Large in the FX. Can't wear the FX at all! Leaks, leaks leaks…Switched to the Swift FX with Ultimate Chin Strap by Russ MacMillan.

• Tracy
    Tracy June 8, 2011 at 4:19 pm   

just goes to show ya we all gotta try on masks - we can never assume we know what size we need. So how is the FX and chin strap workin for ya?
    tracy

• Snorechamp
    Snorechamp April 26, 2011 at 10:01 am   

I started with a med now I'm with a large, but it isn't large enough! It still leaks!

• Tracy
    Tracy April 26, 2011 at 2:03 pm   

snorechamp - are you doing your final fitting while laying with head on pillow in your sleeping position with machine blowing? then don't forget to "seat the mask" because its a dual cushion mask - after fitting - pull the mask directly out from your face to allow the dual cushion to inflate…then set back on face.

Let me know if that helps eliminate your leak problem!
    tracy

• miamirn
    miamirn June 3, 2011 at 1:39 pm   

i'm going to try this tonight, too. Guess I didn't read the manual :)

• Tracy
    Tracy June 8, 2011 at 4:18 pm   

did you try the mask seating? how did that work for you?
    tracy

• miamirn
    miamirn June 8, 2011 at 7:43 pm   

Hi tracy. I used the seal technique. It works well. But, as I move around during the night, the seal breaks and I have to re-seal it again. I think in time I'll get used to the seal breaking and fit it while I sleep. Right now, my sleep is disturbed. This never happened with the Resmed Quattro. I'm tempted to use my old mask, but I know that if I don't give the Fx mask a chance I'll never get used to it. So, for now, I'm still adjusting to the Fx. I'll keep you posted. Thanks tracy for replying to me.

• Tracy
    Tracy June 16, 2011 at 3:26 pm   

you are very welcome. I might also remind you and others not to expect perfection with any mask - due to changing sleep positions during the night, we are all bound to experience some mask movement, thus leak…it just happens!

I am glad you are giving FX a chance - but if you find it was not as effective FOR YOU as the old Quattro - there is no reason not to go back to the older version. we all have to use what works best for our individual faces!

best to ya!
    tracy

• miamirn
    miamirn June 17, 2011 at 6:57 pm   

Thanks for responding, Tracy. I gave it a good try. Two days ago I went back to my old mask, Mirage Quatrro.. Immediately, I got better sleep. Too bad about the fx, but my old mask works so much better for me.

• Tracy
    Tracy June 17, 2011 at 7:24 pm   

New versions don't always mean better for some of us. Glad you are getting better sleep again with Quattro. We each have to do what works best for our individual faces!

Best wishes Miamirn!
    tracy

• Snorechamp
    Snorechamp April 26, 2011 at 2:16 pm   

OK I'll try it tonight!

• Tracy
    Tracy April 26, 2011 at 3:55 pm   

http://www.sleepconnect.com/sleep-disorder-ar...

in the LIVING WITH A SLEEP DISORDER link in the left nav area, the link above provides the info you need for choosing and fitting masks properly!
    There are some other great resources there too - check em out!
    tracy

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar