RLS in your arms

By thegreathambino Latest Activity February 5, 2011 at 11:36 am Views 4,667 Replies 12 Likes 3

thegreathambino

Has anyone experienced RLS symptoms in your arms? I have had RLS for about 8-9 years now. But recently, in the past year, I have started experiencing the same pains, shooting, buzz, crap in my arms on really tough nights. It drives me crazy. Anyone else?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (12 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Tracy
    Tracy June 24, 2012 at 11:42 am   

thegreatgambino - would love to hear a follow up from you!
    did your doctor confirm the arm issues as part of RLS or was it another neuropathy or something else?
    Please let us know and thanks in advance for your comments :)
    tracy

• bevhavens
    bevhavens June 21, 2012 at 11:58 pm   

Have had RLS for about 20 yrs now. Started out very mild now extremely severe affecting both legs and left arm. Legs are so severe that they literally jump about 8 inches. The sensations build up to the point that the nerves jump in reaction to it causing my legs to kick out or lift towards my chest. Doc prescribed Requip and symptoms immediately improved. If you are not already on a medication for this disorder ask your Dr. about Requip. I swear by it I cannot sleep if I miss even a single dose.Left arm is a recent development only noticed it cause I ran out of my med and Doc forgot to send in the refill. To anyone suffering from RLS if you are without a medication and think you just have to live with it there is help just ask about Requip.

• scorpio35
    scorpio35 April 15, 2011 at 1:31 pm   

i have the same problem! it sucks!

• thegreathambino
    thegreathambino April 15, 2011 at 2:58 pm   

Indeed. No fun at all.

• BOB7732
    BOB7732 December 4 at 8:36 pm   

RLS in the legs is enough, i now have it in my right arm, THIS SUCKS! I think it is my CPAP [air] as i did not start RLS until I was using CPAP, It went in my right arm last month. SLEEP PROBLEMS [REALLY ANY MEDICAL PROBLEMS SUCK!

• birch21
    birch21 March 15, 2011 at 8:55 pm   

I will occasionally suffer with a bout of restless leg syndrome in my arms. I have awakened myself at night with an arm jerking and usually it is when I am extremely tired or have used something like the weed eater for a long period of time without a break. Having RLS is a pain in the legs and yes in the arms as well. Good luck on easing those arms when they flare up.

• thegreathambino
    thegreathambino February 7, 2011 at 10:32 am   

This is really interesting. I hadn't thought of myself as a severe case of RLS because I really only feel the symptoms in my legs about every other week for a couple days. It's not consistent in that I feel it every day. But when it's there, it's THERE. And then the arms show up and…frustrated. @Lady, I hadn't considered carpal tunnel yet. That's an interesting thought. @masperka, I wholly agree, horrible. @Avera, I will ask my Dr. about it when I go in for a renew of my 'scrip. We'll see what he says…

• Avera
    Avera February 5, 2011 at 11:10 pm   

So far I have NOT had the RLS symptoms in my arms. According to the United States Department of Health and Human Services, the symptoms in the arms points to *severe" cases of RLS. They suggest you see your doctor and find out what is causing your RLS to get worse. To treat or correct any underlying condition that may trigger or worsen RLS is the key.

• masperka
    masperka February 5, 2011 at 11:05 pm   

I have RLS in both my legs and arms, and this is truly a horrible feeling.

• Lady Union
    Lady Union February 5, 2011 at 6:18 pm   

I have had the same thing,I think. It sort of feels like when you sit wrong and your leg goes to sleep,only it lasts a lot longer and just moving it doesn't seem to help right away. My daughter-in-law who is training to be a massage therapist gave me some excersizes for carpal tunnel syndrome. Helped immensely! Didn't take long till I saw improvement either. Didn't realize you could feel carpal tunnel all the way up your arm.

• Tracy
    Tracy February 5, 2011 at 1:11 pm   

RLS can and does occur on other parts of our bodies, not just the legs!

Not sure about "PAINS, SHOOTING, BUZZ" - but I'm not a doctor. If I were you, I'd make an appt to discuss the arm issues - might be something else going on.

Please follow up and let us know what you find out~!

tracy

• Jimbo 81
    Jimbo 81 July 14, 2015 at 8:58 am   

I have RLS for 75 years or since I was five years old In the last few day it has spread to my right aarm. Nothiing I do rids me of the pain. I am seeing a Neurologist and she screwed my meds up. She cut Mirapex out and did not up pramasole up. Excuse me but it is hell, Any suggestions appreciated..

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar